Farm Life & House
Although the setting of Newton Farm is quite pastoral,
each day is packed full of farm work.
Our Market vegetable garden, chickens, beekeeping, and the making of many added value products are all quietly humming along, out of view mostly. We are daily planting, weeding, tilling, harvesting, and observing nature. You are in the midst of a working farm and can choose to be participatory or relaxed, as you like. From collecting eggs to picking the salad greens for your lunch, it is up to you. Many who stay at the farm are happy to watch the goings on from the front porch while reading and sipping an iced tea. Participation is at the discretion of our farmer.
Activities in the area:
- Excellent NYState Hiking trails on our road, for the beginner and expert alike
- Renowned Fly Fishing Streams
- 9 Hudson Valley Wineries within an 50 mile radius
- Hunter, Belleayre, Windham, and Plattekill
- 4 Ski Valleys within 30 minutes
- Biking and Rock Climbing
- Antiques and Flea Markets galore
- Many beautiful lakes for swimming, canoeing and kayaking
- Tubing the Esopus from Phoenicia